So, I suppose this year I’ll make a few. Every year I avoid making resolutions or goals. I hate the idea that just because it’s the new year, I have to come up with some big plans to improve myself. Unfortunately, this year, I have a lot of ideas of things I need to do. So, this year I’ll be different and I’ll make a few goals. The ‘experts’ will tell you that you need to not only make goals, but also a plan to achieve them. To help with that, I’m going to divide mine into smaller chunks… divide and conquer? Here goes (you can also find on my Pinterest board!)
- Be open to new people and new experiences. Too often, I stay home rather than take advantage of that offer to attend a party with people I may not know too well. But maybe those people could become great new friends – I won’t know unless I try. And new experiences – if I have the opportunity to take a class or try something I’ve never tried, I will do it!
- Floss my teeth. Dollar Tree has these awesome disposable flossers. Only a dollar! I can do that.
- Use moisturizer – at least on my face. Elbows if I remember.
- Exercise at least 4 times a week. Gotta aim for daily, even if it’s just a few crunches.
- January: Don’t spend any money on anything frivolous or unnecessary until I’ve lost 10 lbs.
- Try one new vegetable a month. In November, I tried brussel sprouts. And those were good. Thankfully, my friend Stefeny is an awesome cook – she’ll have to help. If I don’t like the veggies when she makes them, I won’t ever like them.
- Clean out one area of the house – Computer room, closet, cupboard, etc. Pick one a month and clean it out.
- Delete anything in my DVR that is over 6 months
Travel somewhere I’ve never been before. I’d love to go so many places – Alaska, Norway, Florida Keys… I guess even if it’s boring old Walla Walla, WA, I need to see somewhere new.
Get my PM certification. I’d like to do an actual course for this, but even if I just study online for it, I’m gonna get it this year!
So, what about you? What are your goals for the year?