I love tools. Hand tools, power tools, saws, drills, the works! I know not all of you ladies are like me! But there are a few tools that every woman should have in her tool box. You can buy them piece by piece, or you can find kits with basic tools at Lowes, Home Depot, or even Target or Wal-Mart. I just have one request. PLEASE do not buy the pink tool kits made for women. Please. I actually find it insulting. I love pink as much as the next girl. But just because we like pretty things does not mean that we need cheap tools decorated in pink. It makes us look like sissies who need special tools because we can’t handle real tools. So please, buy real tools. Craftsman. Black and Decker. Kobalt. Porter Cable. Just NOT pink!
Here are the basics you need to take care of your home:
Lisa’s Top Ten Tools for the Single Girl
- Screwdrivers: Flat head and Phillips in a variety of sizes.
- Tape Measure
- Hardware: Nails, screws, wall anchors, picture hanging supplies
- Tape (duct, electrical, painters)
- Paint Brushes (various sizes, rollers)
- Box cutter/Xacto Knife
- Swiss Army Knife/Multi-Purpose Tool
Extras that are really, really nice to have (especially if you’re crafty)!
- Drill (cordless is best)
- Glue: Gorilla glue, super glue, epoxy
- Glue Gun
- Staple Gun
- Sewing Machine
- Safety pins
- Stitch tape
- Wire cutters